Ever since August 1998, the Ministry of Education and Li Ka Shing Foundation has been cooperating for the startup of “Cheung Kong Scholars” Program, including specially-appointed professors, lecturing professors and scholars with “Cheung Kong” Scholars’ achievement awards. The program aims at implementing the strategy of reinvigorating China through science and education, recruiting top talents both at home and abroad, cultivating pioneers of high-level disciplines and speeding up the construction of national key disciplines or keeping up its international advanced level.
2. Employment of Disciplines
Material Science and Engineering, Marine and Ocean Engineering, Mechanics, Information and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering, Traffic and Transportation Engineering, Management Science and Engineering, etc.
(1) The candidate should have deep love for the People’s Republic of China and distinguish himself/herself by his/her academic accuracy, integrity and morality.
(2) The candidate should hold a doctor’s degree and is engaged in the front line of teaching and scientific researches. The candidate for “Cheung Kong Scholar” professorship in natural sciences should be younger than 45 years old and in social sciences younger than 50 years old. To those scholars who are particularly distinguished and in urgent need, the limitation of age can be adjusted.
(3) The foreign candidate for “Cheung Kong Scholar” professorship should hold the assistant professorship or above (or a similar position) in universities and the domesticate candidate for it should hold professorship (or a similar position).
(4) The candidate should be competent for the lecturing of core courses.
(5) The candidate should be of great academic attainments and has made achievements generally acknowledged by people of the same occupation.
(6) The candidate should have potentials, creativity, vision and ability to lead his/her discipline to catch up with or surpass the international advanced level in its frontier area.
(7) The candidate should have the team spirit, the spirit of dedication and hard struggle, and the ability to organize, manage and lead a team of innovation to tackle key problems with coordinated efforts. He/she should know well how to cultivate new talents and intensify the training of the second echelon of academic studies.
(8) The “Cheung Kong Scholar” professor should work in WUT for at least 9 months per year during the tenure of office.
(1) The candidate should have enthusiasm to serve for China with noble science morality and rigid academic style.
(2) The candidate should be engaged in the front line of teaching and scientific researches at abroad. Moreover, the candidate should also hold the assistant professorship or above (or a similar position) in universities.
(3) The candidate should possess high scientific attainments with great influence in his own field of the world and obtain important achievements in public recognition.
(4) The candidate should promise to work in WUT for at least 3 months per year during the tenure of office. Unless there are special reasons, the candidate should work for at least 2 months per year.
Contact email@example.com Created by firstname.lastname@example.org