In accordance with the spirit and requirements of the spring semester opening documents of the Ministry of Education, Hubei Province, and Wuhan City and the actual conditions of WUT, in order to effectively do the work related to the opening of the spring semester of the 2020-2021 academic year, the relevant matters are hereby notified as follows:
1) Faculty and staff
Administrative personnel and teaching assistants of government agencies, directly affiliated units, and teaching and research departments will return to work on February 26, while teaching personnel will return to work on February 27. According to the actual situation of the unit, each unit carefully arranges various tasks and returns to work in an orderly manner.
Students check in for school from February 24th to 28th, by installments and batches, in an orderly manner to avoid peak hours. Classes will be officially started on March 1. Specific matters shall be implemented in accordance with the Notification of Students Returning to School.
2. Requirements for Coming Back to School
1) Students are not allowed to return to school without the approval of the school.
2) Teachers and students from low-risk areas
① Teachers and students who come from low-risk areas and have no history of overseas or medium-to-high-risk residence can apply for returning to school with their 14-day health records, Hubei Health Code, and Health Card
② Teachers and students who have one of the clinical symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, loss of taste and smell, should be postponed to return to school, and apply to return to school according to the relevant requirements after recovery.
3) Teachers and students from overseas, medium-and-high risk areas
① Teachers and students who are still abroad are not allowed to return to school without receiving notice from the school; teachers and students who have returned from abroad must be quarantined for 14 days and quarantined at home for 7 days additonally in accordance with the requirements of epidemic prevention and control in their territories, and apply for return after 14 days of health monitoring.
② Teachers and students who come from or have lived in a medium-and high-risk area within 14 days are temporarily suspended from returning to school. After the local risk level is reduced to low, they can apply for returning to school with the 14-day health record, Hubei Health Code, Health Card and the result of the nucleic acid test within 7 days.
③ After returning to school, if the place of departure or residence in the past 14 days has been listed as a medium-high risk area, prevention and control measures will be implemented in accordance with relevant territorial policies.
1) The teachers and students of the school must strictly follow the decisions and arrangements of the school's epidemic prevention and control headquarters, improve the awareness of normalization of epidemic prevention and control, and cooperate with health inspections, daily body temperature inspections and nucleic acid tests. Teachers and students must wear masks all the way back to school to effectively protect themselves.
2) Teachers and students of the school should increase their awareness of the law, attach great importance to the control and prevention of the epidemic, and declare truthfully about necessary information. Anyone who conceals necessary information on epidemic prevention and control such as travel history, contact history, health status, etc., and cause serious consequences shall take legal responsibility.
3) We should take life as the first priority and protect the safety of all teachers and students. For teachers and students who are deferred to return to school, related departments should arrange for special personnel to communicate with them and provide humanistic care and psychological counseling for them.
4) Teachers and staff returning to Wuhan should take the initiative to report to the school in advance. Departments should strictly check the Hubei Health Code and Health Card for staff to prevent and control the epidemic. Faculty and staff who should but cannot return to school on time shall perform the leave procedures in accordance with relevant regulations.
5) Students who must provide the nucleic acid test results within 7 days before returning to school should choose a qualified medical institution for the test and keep the receipts properly. The school will reimburse the cost of one nucleic acid test after they return to school.
6) All units should continue to carry out normalized epidemic prevention and control work in accordance with relevant requirements to ensure the health and safety of teachers and students.
7) If there are any changes of the epidemic prevention and control situation or requirements, the school will adjust the related arrangements promptly and announce the further notice.
Wuhan University of Technology Epidemic Prevention and Control
February 18, 2021